January 8, 2010

Nephrology Appointment

Max had his nephrology appointment on Monday which means that he had his labs drawn as well.  He is getting so strong, which makes it very hard to hold him down while they draw his blood.  He knows as soon as we sit down in the chair and I pull up his sleeve what's about to happen.  His bottom lip slowly works its way out and his little eyes start welling up with tears.  It's awful!

His labs came back looking pretty good.  He had a couple (phosphorus and sodium) that were slightly elevated which resulted in us stopping two of his medications.  We will have to go back in two weeks to have them rechecked to be sure their not too low.  Other than that everything looks pretty good.

Max has grown a centimeter in the past month. This puts him at 78.5cm (30.9 inches) long.  He also weighs about 26 pounds 6 ounces.  The boy is getting big.  He's not a baby anymore. 

I can't believe he is going to be 20 months old on Tuesday.  20 months!!!  That's crazy.   I am starting to plan my baby's 2nd birthday party. I know it's very early.  I know!  I go a little overboard, but he's worth it.  It's our last big bash before the transplant, so it's going to be another big one.  He deserves one more (maybe 2 or 3 more) HUGE birthday parties.  The kid has been through the ringer and back and dang it he has earned it.  By the way, we're doing a monkey theme and it's going to be fantastic!

I think that's it everything. Hope that all of you in the tristate area are enjoying the snow.  Have a great and safe weekend.  I'll try to post on here a little more often for those of you who check daily :o)

Thank you for the prayers.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

There are actually those of us who make this website a daily stop.
Glad to here Max is doing well.

How's Larry doing?
I haven't seen him lately.
Hoping for the best.

DS/BBHS

Jodi said...

OMGoodness, I welled up with tears when I read about Max tearing up when he gets his blood drawn.

You guys are amazing. I just cannot even imagine how difficult it must be as his parents, to know you have to put him thru these treatments / tests for his own good, when they are so unpleasant for him.