One year ago today, July 8, 2011, Max got his second chance at life. A chance that no one believed he would get because they didn't think he would survive past a few days old. Because of the faith and determination that our medical team, family, friends and strangers had, Max got that chance. We truly believe that without the support team that we have following us down this path, we would have never gotten to where we are today. It's because of all of you and your prayers that Max is alive today. We will never be able to repay you for that, but please know that we will never forget what all of you have done for us and we will forever be grateful of your love and support.
Max's accomplishments over the course of a year:
- Max went from saying 2 words (ah and dada) to speaking sentences (nonstop!)
- Max went from bearing no weight at all on his feet to standing within weeks of transplant
- Max went from hopping on his rearend to running
- Max went from gagging on anything that came near his mouth to eating Mac-n-Cheese and carrots (we're still working diligently on this, but he has made HUGE progress!)
- Max went from taking approximately 10 medications to only 4
- Max has graduated from both speech and physical therapy
Of course I can't end this post without telling you some very good news regarding Max's kidney. The antibody that was attacking Max's kidney back in September and October of 2010 is officially GONE! Can I repeat that? The antibody that was trying to rid of Max's kidney is G-O-N-E!!!!
Can I get a WOOHOO?!?