July 9, 2011

Happy Kidneyversary Max!

I have a hard time believing that we are at the one year mark since Max's kidney transplant.  I still have to remind myself of the rollercoaster ride that we were on just a short year ago.  Believe it or not, I barely remember life before July 8, 2010.  The dialysis and endless meds seem like a lifetime ago.  Fighting to keep Max alive was what got us out of bed every day.  When I look back on some of my past blog posts, I have a hard time believing that that was me writing those words.  I feel like I am looking into someone else's life and can't believe what that family has gone through to get their little boy to where he is today.  Then I realize that that was our life.  All of the surgeries, hospital stays and visits, dialysis treatments, tests, therapy sessions, blood draws, the sleepless nights and all of the tears- we lived that.  Not only did we live it, but we survived it, and I am so proud of who we have become because of the journey that we chose to live.  It was a journey of struggle and heartache, but it was also a journey of determination and love for one little boy.  A little boy who has taught us more in his three years of life than we have learned in our 28-30 years of life. 

One year ago today, July 8, 2011, Max got his second chance at life.  A chance that no one believed he would get because they didn't think he would survive past a few days old.  Because of the faith and determination that our medical team, family, friends and strangers had, Max got that chance.  We truly believe that without the support team that we have following us down this path, we would have never gotten to where we are today.  It's because of all of you and your prayers that Max is alive today.  We will never be able to repay you for that, but please know that we will never forget what all of you have done for us and we will forever be grateful of your love and support. 

Max's accomplishments over the course of a year:
  • Max went from saying 2 words (ah and dada) to speaking sentences (nonstop!)
  • Max went from bearing no weight at all on his feet to standing within weeks of transplant
  • Max went from hopping on his rearend to running
  • Max went from gagging on anything that came near his mouth to eating Mac-n-Cheese and carrots (we're still working diligently on this, but he has made HUGE progress!)
  • Max went from taking approximately 10 medications to only 4
  • Max has graduated from both speech and physical therapy
Those are some of his biggest accomplishments of the year, but I am sure as soon as I his "Publish Now" I will think of 12 more. 

Of course I can't end this post without telling you some very good news regarding Max's kidney.  The antibody that was attacking Max's kidney back in September and October of 2010 is officially GONE!  Can I repeat that?  The antibody that was trying to rid of Max's kidney is G-O-N-E!!!!

Can I get a WOOHOO?!?

13 comments:

Kristen Hildebrand said...

That deserves the biggest WOO HOO ever! If I could increase thr font size, I would. Happy Kidneyversary to Max!

Jodi said...

Happy Kidneyversary Max!

Anonymous said...

Yippeee!!!

Anonymous said...

that gets a WOO HOO, AMEN & HELL YEAH!!!!

The Power Family said...

Absolutely amazing! So glad Max is doing so well!

Liz said...

What a wonderful miracle....both for you,your family and esp for that little boy Max. I understand that feeling of looking back and it all seems to be someone else's life ....just a fog...the miracle of the mind is amazing....we can function but it doesn't allow us to sit there unless we choose....enjoy your little boy...they grow up really fast!

Anonymous said...

So happy for you, Max, and the entire Livingston family.
Max is a blessing and an inspiration.

Hopefully, things will continue to proceed onward and upward, and a more "normal" lifestyle ahead with the addition of Max's sister!

jiulin said...

. Even so, buyying MBT shoes for exercise is not simple, it is stated MBT footwear not fit for all of us,Mbt Shoes but this just said by individuals who do not

handle the way of walking.

buscar pareja online said...

Fantastic blog! I dont think Ive seen all the angles of this subject the way youve pointed them out. Youre a true star, a rock star man. Youve got so much to say and know so much about the subject that I think you should just teach a class about it...HaHa!

seguros ecomicos said...

I cannot WAIT to read more of this. I mean, you just know so much about this. So much of it Ive never even thought of. You sure did put a new twist on something that Ive heard so much about. I dont believe Ive actually read anything that does this subject as good justice as you just did.

http://calculadoraonline.com.ar/ said...

Your blog is outrageous! I mean, Ive never been so entertained by anything in my life! Your vids are perfect for this. I mean, how did you manage to find something that matches your style of writing so well? Im really happy I started reading this today. Youve got a follower in me for sure!

donde renovar documento said...

He's getting big!!! Someday Maya will be that big. She'll be six months next week. Time flies!!

entrar correo gmail said...

Wow, amazing site layout! Just how long have you been blogging for? You made blogging look simple and easy. The overall look of your web site is amazing, let alone this article!