June 22, 2010

I apologize for not updating sooner. It has not been a good 4 days since surgery. Dialysis isn't going well to say the least. We are not sure if it's the catheter, the low volume that Max is on, or fibrin blocking the catheter.

Needless to say, we are frustrated, exhausted and done with dialysis. I don't have the strength to do this anymore. Max has only had one good night of dialysis since Friday. We have had to end his therapys early because of all of the alarms. I only have one more idea and that is to move the transplant up. Max can't keep missing full dialysis treatments. We are going in for labs today to see how bad they have gotten over the past 4 days. They didn't look great going into surgery, so I am very worried about what they are now.

I could rant and rave about how I am feeling right now, but I won't. We'll just keep it at this: I am on the verge of tears all day every day, I am exhausted, I hate dialysis, my faith is gone, and I am scared for my child's life.

Please pray. I don't have the strength to do so anymore.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beth, Tim & Max - you are definitely in our prayers. There are many people who are keeping the faith for you and praying hard every day that your prayers, hopes and dreams for your adorable little boy are answered and realized soon. May God bless each of you. Kristen Hildebrand & Family

Jodi said...

Dear Lord,

I pray that you be with Beth right now. Hold her up & give her the strength she so desparately needs. I ask that you continue watching over Max. Just hold him in Your hands right now, Lord.
God, I ask that you be with Tim too, Lord. That you give him strength & patience as his family goes thru this struggle.
Lord, I ask that you guide their family as they work with the doctor's to decide the next best step for Max. I ask that you be with the doctors, nurses, and all the medical personnel and guide their minds, hands, and hearts to work YOUR miracles thru them.

Dear God, I ask that this experience is used to draw each of them closer to You, and closer to each other.

And right now, Lord, I ask that renew Beth's & Tim's & Max's energy, Lord. They are so tired. So very tired. If it's possible Lord I ask that you grant them the chance to rest. And if that is not to be I ask that you take their exhaustion away & renew them with energy as if they just had a good night's sleep.

Thank You Lord for all the many blessings you continue to bestow upon us.

We ask this all in Jesus' name,

AMEN

Logan said...

Hang in there! Keep us posted. More prayers coming your way :)

The Power Family said...

Praying for you and your family.

Anonymous said...

I would like to echo the sentiments of everyone above.

Nothing I could say would have any merit at this time.
Our thoughts, prayers, and best wishes are with you.

DS/BBHS

Anonymous said...

All my thoughts and prayers are with Max, your family, and the wonderful team at Childrens. I am not a big believer in religion but I am a huge believer in signs and perhaps this is Max's sign of saying it is time for the transplant now.