Where we started...
Max celebrated his fourth birthday on May 12th! He started the morning with a room full of balloons:
We celebrated the big day with our family and close friends.
Max requested a train party, so that's what he got
Everyone seemed to have a great time despite the cooler weather and cloudy sky
(and rain that held out until the evening)
This was the first year that he was able to blow out his candle all by himself.
He was so proud of himself when everyone started cheering for him :)
I can't believe he is four. He has grown up to be such a sweet, fun and easy-going little boy. He finished his first year of preschool a couple of days before his birthday. I can't believe how much he has grown since September. He knows his ABC's, can count to 12 (a little higher if he really concentrates). He knows all of his colors, shapes and can recognize almost all of his letters and all of numbers. We are so very proud of the little man that he has become. We can't wait to see what life has in store for the boy who wasn't suppose to survive birth. He continues to amaze us and his doctors every day. We are so very proud of him.
Max's Four Year Interview
1. What's your favorite color? Red
2. What's your favorite toy? choo choo trains
3. What's your favorite fruit? Peaches
4. What's your favorite TV show and movie? Mickey Mouse and Cars
5. What's your favorite thing to eat for lunch? Chicken nuggets
6. What's your favorite outfit? Lightening McQueen Shirt
7. What's your favorite game? Duck Duck Goose and Ring Around the Rosie
8. What's your favorite snack? Rice cakes
9. What's your favorite animal? "Elephant, wait no... MANATEE!"
10. What's your favorite song? "Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star"
11. What's your favorite book? "Bears"
12. Who's your best friend? Nathan
13. What's your favorite cereal? Frosted Flakes
14. What do you like to do outside? Play ball with daddy
15. What's your favorite drink? Milk and water
16. What's your favorite holiday? Christmas
17. What do you like to take to bed with you? My blankie
18. What's your favorite thing to eat for breakfast? Frosted Flakes
19. What do you want for your birthday dinner? Noodles
20. What do you want to be when you grow up? A teacher
Thank you for standing by us throughout this wonderful journey. We wouldn't be where we are today without our wonderful support system, so thank you from the bottom of our hearts. We are forever grateful!