August 25, 2008

Thankfully Max had a pretty quiet weekend. I guess the biggest things to report are that from a nephrology standpoint, they are wanting to hold off on dialysis for as long as they can to give Max's g-tube nissen more time to heal. They are not wanting to risk what happened last week again. We are very thankful for that. Yes, this puts us back a couple of weeks, but we are not pushing any of it. Last week was one of the worst weeks in Max's 3 months of life, and we don't ever want to repeat it. Getting a call at 2:00 in the morning is a parent's worst nightmare. So, we are going to be very patient with the doctor's requests. The doctors are also slowing increasing his feeds by 1mL every 8 hours until they reach his goal of 30mL (1 ounce). If all goes well, we should hit that goal sometime tomorrow.

For a 104 days straight I have gotten up and gone to the hospital to see Max. On day 105, I get sick and decide that it's best to not go and risk getting him or any of the other babies sick :o( I didn't realize how hard it would be to go one day without seeing him. Hopefully I will be a little better tomorrow so that I can wear a mask and go visit him.

Max is going for a scope on Wednesday of his urethra. We are still waiting on details of what the urologist plans to do if he finds what he is looking for. I'll keep you posted.

Other than that ladies and gents, Max is doing pretty well. Hopefully we are now on the right track to getting him on dialysis, stabalizing his feeds and coming home. Have a great week!

Amy- sorry I didn't update over the weekend. I hope I didn't worry you too much :o) I'll see you tomorrow!

2 comments:

Rachael Schirano \\ Rachael Schirano Photography said...

i am glad to hear that max (and you) had a quiet weekend. i hope you feel better soon so you can get back up there to visit him!

Floridians said...

Beth,
I hope you get to feeling better. I know Max is missing his Mommy too. I am glad to hear the weekend went well. We are always praying for you all. Anna now lists Max, you, and Tim when she says her prayers at night. Take care.

Kristina, Cory, and Anna