December 19, 2008

Some of the best news we have heard...

in a very long time and a huge sigh of relief. Today at dialysis I got a phone call from the transplant nurse. She was calling to give me the results of the tissue typing that we did two weeks ago. She told me that I am a perfect match for Max's kidney transplant. She went on to say that this is very rare and that these are the best results that we could have gotten. So, it looks like Max is going to be getting his mommy's kidney!!!

The next step is to do a CT angiogram on me to look at the vessels and the kidneys themselves to be sure that everything is in tip top shape and where it's suppose to be. If I fail this test I am a no go and we move on with Tim (who is a half match). If I pass, we move forward with several more tests and exams. They will do a head to toe health check to be sure that I am healthy enough to sustain this type of surgery and to be able to live my life with only one kidney.

We are not in any hurry to get all of this finished since Max has to go through the other two surgeries first. It looks like we will start the testing at the first of the year.

I couldn't have asked for anything more for Christmas! YAH HOO!

Have a great weekend everyone!

3 comments:

Ivory said...

YAY!! COngratulations, that is wonderful news!

Anonymous said...

No greater love than a mother for her son!!!

"Perfect" sounds as good as it gets!

Great news!

DS/BBHS

Anonymous said...

OMG that is fantastic! I work in organ and tissue donation and it it always wonderful to hear a success story :). Congrats and merry christmas!