October 4, 2009

A Day at the Pumpkin Patch


Tim, Max and I had the opportunity to have our pictures taken by Paula Losure this weekend at Neltner's Farm in Camp Springs, KY. She and a friend of hers, Trisha, own a photography business, From the Heart. I will post a link and a password to the pictures once they are up.

Neltner's Farm is also have their Fall Festival every Saturday and Sunday in October. We had such a good time on Saturday seeing the farm animals, eating lunch, talking with friends and taking a horse drawn carriage ride back to the pumpkin patch to pick out our pumpkins. Of course it wouldn't be a great adventure without someone falling down the hill on their butt with Max in their arms. Yeah... that would have been me. Max survived it with only a little mud on his jeans. I on the other hand...well.... just look at the aftermath...

My hands and shoes were also covered in mud along with some spots on my shirt. I give myself a 9!


Max and Mommy on the horse drawn carriage ride on our way to the pumpkin patch


After the Neltner Farm Adventure we went home to let Max take a nap. Okay for all three of us to take a nap. Max's mawmaw and pawpaw then came over so that Tim and I could go out with our friends, Rick and Allie. We headed to the Wool Fest in Falmouth to break me in to the true country fall festivities. I know, I know... until Saturday I had NEVER been to the Wool Fest. Geesh what kind of Alexandrian am I? Well... now I've been and it was a blast!


Here are some other pictures that are too cute not to share...

A preview of Max's Halloween costume :o)


Max is getting the strength to push himself up while he's on his belly. We're so excited! Can't wait for the little booger to start scooting.


"Uh Oh! Uh... hey mom you do the pedals and I'll steer."


A sleepy little boy after a long day at the hospital


I can't believe I am posting this one, but here it is. I had to run an errand after I dropped Max off at dialysis and this is what I came back to. Yes... those are three little pony tails in his hair. And yes.... my son has a plumber's crack. Melinda and Lori.... pay backs are hell.... just remember that :o)


Sorry Ladies... Max is taken. Right before the hug, Bella gave Max his first kiss. Too cute.


We will be heading out of town this coming weekend for out first trip with Max and all of his medical supplies. We are so excited, but I am so nervous at the same time. It scares me to be 4 hours away from Cincinnati Children's, but we have everything ready in case something comes up. Max has had a cold for about 2 weeks now, so I just hope that it goes away before we go. I am petrified that it's waiting to brew into something else while we're gone. I may not get a chance to post before we go, so have a great week and weekend and I will most definitely most pictures of our first family vacation. Wish us luck :o)

3 comments:

Stacey said...

Max is an absolute doll. Love the pigtails. ;)

Anonymous said...

Max's new pictures are just too cute! Last night I was flipping through the channels and watched a special on children with Downs Syndrome. There was a portion of the documentary where they were interviewing a minister. He said something that made me immediately think of you guys. He said, "When looking through the scripture we see that Jesus felt those with special needs (he was refering to a story about a man who was born blind) help us to see the Glory of God. Through their actions our lives are changed forever." This is absolutely true. I don't know you guys...only through a friend...but you have forever changed my life for the better. Thank you for your courage and strength and decision to share Max's story with us. May God continue to bless you each and every day

Anonymous said...

Who are we if we can't laugh at ourselves!!!
Great photos!
Mud washes off!
Have a wonderful, worry-free vacation!
Max is a warrior, he'll do fine.

DS/BBHS