November 10, 2009

Project Santa

I am writing on behalf of all of the children that will not be spending the holidays with their families at home but within the walls of Cincinnati Children's Hospital Medical Center. I got this idea from another blog I am following and thought that it was such a great idea. We will be sending a gift to that family, but Max, Tim and I would love to do this for the very hospital that saved Max's life as well.

We were fortunate enough to have Max home for Thanksgiving and Christmas, but the realization is that there are going to be kids in this hospital for the holidays. As sad as it is, some of these kids are all alone. I have seen it with my very eyes. Some of these children's parents don't come to see them on a regular basis. Think about the smile you could put on these kids faces just by donating a gift for them to open. Some of these children have never gotten to experience Santa Claus. Make them believe. Make them believe that life isn't all about needles, IV poles, chemo, surgery and doctors. Make them believe in the miracle of Christmas.

So here is our request. We are asking for a donation to give to the kids of all ages that will not be going home for the holidays. I will be speaking with Child Life to see what I need to do get this rolling. I will also get a list of items that would be good for these children.

I need to get an idea of how many of you would be interested in doing this. Please email me at mommy2max08@yahoo.com or leave me a message in the comment section of the blog. I would appreciate it if you would also let your family and friends know about Project Santa so that we can have a better outcome for the children.

This is something that hits very close to home for Max, Tim and I. Please join us in making this a holiday season the kids will always remember.

We appreciate all of your support.

Tim, Beth and Max

2 comments:

Jodi said...

Put us down!

FireGirl has had a few VERY minor illnesses/medical issues recently, and we are realizing more & more how God has blessed us in this aspect of life.

The least we can do is try to be a blessing to others who are struggling in this area.

Email me details at: KYFIREWIFE at GMAIL

Anonymous said...

The Hope Sunday School Class at Burlington Baptist will also be interested in helping out! You can reach me at christy.biggs@gmail.com with further details.