April 30, 2008

Make that 2 extra weeks!

Hopefully this is the last time I will have to do this, but the date has changed once again for Max's arrival. Unless I go into preterm labor or Max shows some decelerations on the heart monitor or stops growing, his arrival has been postponed until May 16. This will put me at 36 weeks exactly. The main reason they have pushed us back is because if Max does need dialysis, he is more likely to take to it better since he will be bigger than at 34 weeks. These two weeks will also allow for more brain growth, weight gain, etc. He will benefit more from me doing all of the work for his little body rather than the machines and doctors doing it for him. All of this is being changed for precautionary reasons.

So here's to another 2 weeks in the hospital!!! Just in case I am the only one counting, I have officially spent they entire month of April 2008 in Good Samaritan Hospital! Now, how many of you can say that :o) This is all a very good thing though! I keep reminding myself that it's not about me and it never has been. My main goal is to get this little man home and healthy, and this is the first step in reaching that goal.

I will keep everyone posted, but hopefully this is the last date change! I know I have been asking for this a lot, but please continue to keep Max in your prayers. His little lungs and kidneys need God's miraculous touch!

Thank you so much!

Beth, Tim and Max

2 comments:

The Ossege Family said...

As blessed parents of 3 beautiful children, we know how much love you both have in your hearts for Max and how blessed he is to have such wonderful parents! We pray to God to watch over you all and guide Max safely into this world.
Love,
Randy, Carrie, Lexus, Kimberly, & Austin Ossege
(Randy works with your Dad, I went to school with Tony Jr.)

Bethany-
From one mother to another...I just wanted to let you know how beautifully I think you have handled everything you have been through and experienced in this pregnancy. No one can put themselves in your place and say they have done anything with more class, style, determination, or love for her child than you have. Max has a wonderful mother!
God Bless,
Carrie

Anna said...

Just wanted you all to know you are in my thoughts and prayers everyday.
Anna Geiman