April 7, 2008

We've made it to 30 weeks!!!!!

Greetings from Good Sam!!!

It seems hard to believe that it has been 11 weeks since we found out about Max's complications, 8 weeks this Wednesday since the surgery and one week today since I was admitted amongst the walls of the best hospital in the area. Honestly, the time has gone pretty quickly! It has been a long, hard road for us, but we are starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel and it is looking pretty good in my opinion. On that note, I have some very encouraging updates on our little Max!

Just to recap, last Monday I was admitted for low fluid levels measuring at only 1.3cm. I went for another ultrasound on Tuesday and had a rather big jump to 3.6cm of fluid. Well, I am VERY excited to tell you that I had another ultrasound this morning and we are up to 4.4cm of fluid!!!!! The doctor that admitted me didn't think the IV would "theoretically" work, but it is! There are also no signs of me leaking fluid or having contractions. Hopefully it will stay this way and Max will decide that he likes his bigger swimming pool and will stay put until at least May.

As far as his current lung development, I have had the two steriod injections (OUCH!) to give them a boost, just in case. They have me scheduled for another fetal MRI at 32 weeks to check his lung volume. I asked the doctor this morning if the low fluids (1.3) that we had was enough to help his lungs and he said that any amount of fluid that he could have swallowed would have helped. This was a huge sigh of relief for me, because his lungs are my biggest worry at this point.

I truely feel that all of the good news that I have to share for everyone today is because of all the thoughts and prayers that you have provided us. I know that I keep repeating myself, but Tim and I are very blessed to have each and everyone of you in our lives. We also appreciate you informing everyone that you know about our situation. It is amazing to me how concerned and generous people that don't even know us are. Prayer is a very powerful thing and we feel that ours are being answered thanks to you and all that you know! We will never be able to repay you for all that you have done for us over the past 11 weeks, but thank you from the bottom of our hearts!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Beth We hope you and Max are doing well. Cliff and I ask each other everyday when we get home,"have you checked the emails?" So he sent me the blog so I could get on here and check on you both myself.. I'm sorry we haven't been able to see you. I have to call Debbie about the shower. take care, I'll get back on soon.