May 26, 2008

Two weeks old today!!!



Max is already two weeks old! I can't believe it. I guess it's true that they grow up way to fast. His milestone for the week is that he has started opening his eyes and looking around at his surroundings. He is so stinking cute when he does this!

I had mentioned in my last update that Max's right lung had collapsed and I am VERY happy to announce that the x-ray that was done this morning shows that it has reinflated!!!! His breathing has also slowed down a bit and he just looks a lot more comfortable overall. He isn't "tugging" as much when he takes a breath. Let's hope that this is a change that is going to last! I could've cried when I saw him this afternoon breathing without having to work as hard as he was.

The doctors' are starting to wean him from his nasal cannula as well. He is breathing room air at 6.5 liters. It looks like they are going to take him down a half liter daily, but we are not too sure on this. We are hoping they take it slow so that it's not a shock to him and we end up taking a few steps back again.

Overall, it looks to Tim and I that Max is doing VERY well. We haven't talked to any doctors this weekend so we aren't sure what they are thinking, but we do know that his breathing looks like it's getting better every day. Other than that, he is now up to 6 pounds 13 ounces and growing! He is also up to 1 ounce of breastmilk every 3 hours!

Keep the prayers coming!

9 comments:

Rachael Schirano \\ Rachael Schirano Photography said...

i am so happy to hear that wonderful news! i will continue to keep max in my prayers.

Anonymous said...

Happy Bday Max! Keep up the great work!
Denise
Matilda&Leon.

IAM4UK said...

What a great video. You had me in tears the entire time. All the memories and feelings came back to when we were in the NICU. Hang in there. Max is adorable and you look great as well. Continued prayers are coming your way!
Becky & Katie

Anonymous said...

456Hey max looks great. So do you guys! This is such good news. Your last blog got erased somehow, and we were worried becaused we hadn't heard any news. I really hope to see you all soon. sue and cliff.

Anonymous said...

aww beth hes looking great... that video was awesome... hes very loved.. and you all are so much in love its great. Keeping my prayers coming...

Anonymous said...

Hi There Max and Family
You have so much love and support. Just letting you know we think and pray for you often. Keep up the good work lil' buddy.
Love,
Prayer Chain of Divine Mercy

Anonymous said...

Max,

This is Great Grandma and Grandpa Kloeker. We are glad you are doing better. We love you!

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful keepsake to show Max when he's older! God bless you all!

Unknown said...

I just have to say how adorable Max is! And also, from one NICU parent to another, I absolutely love your photos of the equipment in the NICU. They're really well done, and they really hit home to me because I see them every day so I know what each image must mean to you both.

Keep up the good work guys! He's doing so well!

Hugs,
Laura
(LSTaylor73 from the Preemies board on The Nest!)