October 11, 2008

Phew...

...sorry for the long delay in between posts :o) Well let me start by saying that Max's first three days at home have been WONDERFUL! When we have time to just stop and take it all in we realize that we would not trade any of this in for the world. We are extremely busy with trying to get organized, clean (still haven't gotten that carpet scrubbed yet), do dialysis, feed him, give him his meds, and most importantly love and enjoy every minute of him! I love being a mommy :o) It truly is the best feeling in the world.

Max had a doctor's (nephrology) appointment yesterday. Everything looks great! We don't know the results of his blood work yet, but we're not too concerned. Everything with the dialysis has been going pretty well. When we got there they told us that some of his nurses from the RCNIC had already been down looking for him, so they had to page them when we got there. They said that he looks bigger already!

Tim and I also did a first last night when we packed him and his dialysis supplies up and went back to the hospital to see some of his night nurses that didn't get to see him before we left. It really wasn't that bad. We'll definitely do it again. We got a pretty good system down with how we hang it all on his stroller! Tim and his creativity got us there :o)

I think that is it. Max is finally catching up on his naps today. He is one very happy little boy and is doing great! We are thrilled to have him here with us- all under the same roof!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Let me start off by saying how very happy I am, and how long of a wait it has been that he is at home with you and Tim. i am so delighted that everything is wonderful. However, I feel that we need to work out some visitation schedule, this is the first weekend that I didn't get to see Max, and well I miss him. I miss you all. Enjoy every minute of this truly precious time, thinking of you.
Kristina S. (RCNIC RN)

Anonymous said...

Kristina-

Email me and I will give you our number. We most definitely need to set something up so that you can see him :o) We would never keep him away from his wonderful adoptive mommies!

Livingston318@yahoo.com

Anonymous said...

All good things comes to he who waits, prays, and works for a common goal.

Nice sign at Spare Time Grill.

Congratulations!
Continued success!
Dave Schabell
BBHS