July 4, 2010

The Plan

We have been so busy this weekend, but enjoying ourselves as well. We spent Saturday evening with family and friends at a river camp. Sunday has been filled with running errands and trying to get things together for the upcoming week.

I wanted to let you all know what the plan is for this week as we get ready for Thursday.

Monday- Max needs to have his PPD (TB test) read, so we wil be heading to CCHMC for this sometime in the early afternoon. There is talk about my whole family going to my Aunt's house around 2pm to celebrate and to see everyone before the big day. We are also going to Tim's parent's house to eat dinner with his family.

Tuesday- Max and I have an appointment at 8am at CCHMC to have our final cross match drawn. This is the final work up that both Max and I have to have before the surgery. These results will hopefully show that nothing has changed from the original bloodwork that we had at the beginning of this process. The doctors want us to hang around for the results. If Max's labs are wacky they will go ahead and admit him so that they can do 24 hour dialysis to get him good and ready for transplant. If they are good, we will be heading home for our last night before he gets admitted.

Wednesday- Max will be getting admitted sometime in the afternoon. My guess is around 3pm. I am hoping to get Max's hair cut in the morning :o) He will have a mullet if I don't.

Thursday- The BIG day! I am due to be at same day surgery at 5:30am. I will get my IV put in, get into my gown and wait for the doctors to come talk to me. The surgery is due to start around 7:45am.

I am still in shock that all of this is happening so quickly. I am on the biggest emotional roller coast ride of my life. I cry when I hear a sappy song on the radio. I choke up when someone hugs me because it's the last time they will see me before the surgery. I cry as I watch Max sleep at night. I cry just because I am thinking about everything that's about to happen. I can gaurentee you that I will cry when we hook Max up for his last dialysis treatment and I will ball my eyes out when I have to say goodbye to him as I head to same day surgery on Thursday morning. I am sure that I will cry while I wait in that tiny little room waiting for my turn to be taken back.

I am scared, anxious, nervous, excited, scared, overwhelmed and scared. I am scared mostly for Max. I have to be honest, I haven't even thought about my part in this yet. My biggest concern right now is Max. I need him to pull through this. I can't lose him now- not after all that we have been through. I am confident that the doctors wouldn't be doing this if they didn't think he would survive. He will pull through. We will pull through this. I am not naive. I know that there are going to be complications. We just pray that they are minor. Please pray with us that all complications are minor.

We wouldn't leave you guys hanging all day without any updates, so my best friend, Allie, will be updating the blog and Facebook throughout the day Thursday. If you have any questions please don't hesitate to ask them. She will be there all day supporting us and to keep you all informed.

I will post again before the surgery. Please keep praying for this to go well.

My cousin Jessica is putting together a 24 hour pray vigil starting the hour of the surgery. If you would be interested to take part in this please email her at Jessica.Wells@FMR.com. It sounds like each person can choose which time they would like to do. The times are in half hour intervals. Thank you to everyone who is taking part in this. It means the world to us to know that there are so many prayers being sent up for both Max and I.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

They say "there is no better time than the present" and moving up the surgery is probably a Godsend.

You all will certainly be in our thoughts and prayers on Thursday. Max has had lots of "prep races" leading up to this big event. He has been a trooper so far and will get through this challenge as well.

Hopefully, next week at this time you will both be through your initial recovery stage and getting ready to get on with the rest of your lives.

Have confidence in your surgeons. You are in the best hands possible.
Good luck and Godspeed!!!!!

DS/BBHS

Anonymous said...

It is good to hear that the time is here and I know that everyone that Max has touch has been waiting for this day and we know that the both of you will be in good hands and will get through this. Beth, Max and Tim,you will be in our thoughts and prayers. We love you all, just keep your heads up.
Hope and prayers,
Tammie, Brady, and Bill