July 2, 2010

Well we got new information today. News that rocked my world for the better. The news first brought fear, then excitement. It brought tears and a smile that I couldn't wipe from my face.

The unfortunate part was that I didn't get to hear the news from Dr. Ben and Dr. Brad. It was their news to share with us and someone spilled the beans before they got the chance. When I saw Dr. Ben and Dr. Brad walk through the door, I could see their excitement. When they found out that we had already heard, their faces sank. I could see the excitement leave them. They were robbed of this fantastic opportunity to tell me this exciting piece of information. It broke my heart. They confirmed the news I had heard earlier in the day and gave me the details. They both walked out of the room to get some other details taken care of. Dr. Brad walked in to talk to me about a medication that Max will need to start tomorrow and he had this look on his face. A look of satisfaction. A look of pride. It was at that moment that I thought I saw Dr. Brad's eyes get glassy. He turned to me and said this is a very good thing. He walked out of the room and I started to cry.

Today we got the news that this coming Thursday, July 8, 2010 at 7:45am Max will be receiving my kidney.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! And good luck. If you need anything, please let us know. We will be praying for you, Max, Tim, and the doctors!

Katie Ruschman and family

Anne said...

crying for you. So happy. This is such incredible news, Beth.

Anonymous said...

Hurrah!!!
Finally a great break! The fact that the surgery has been moved up can only benefit Max and shorten the anticipation period prior to the transplant.
Dialysis Begone!!!!!

We can only wish the best for you, Max, Tim and both families during this pivotal time.
Perhaps all of the recent difficult times have turned out to be this blessing in disguise.
Also, perhaps it is true about what they say about squeaky wheels!!!

6 Days and Counting - That sounds better than the previous countdown.

DS/BBHS

Tiffany said...

Oh my! We will be praying for you!

Rachael Schirano \\ Rachael Schirano Photography said...

what incredible news! the day just happens to be my little ones' birthday too. i will be thinking of you both all day long! lots of prayers...

Anonymous said...

Beth - although I had read all of your posts on FB and knew this would be updated soon, your blog entry made my eyes watery and I got goosebumps all over me. I'm ready to cry a I type this. Thursday will be a great day for your entire family. It's not everyday that you get to save your son's life - how many people can say they've done that and have looked forward to that day like the day he arrived in this world. Max's new life starts on Thursday. Prayers will be flying for you all over the states that day - possibly even all over the world. May God bless each of you and God speed.
Kristen H.

cindy o said...

Beth, God be with Max, you and the surgery team. I just sent an email to you introducing myself and letting you know how to contact me if there is anything I can do for you.

pyjammy pam said...

so happy for you and max! i have been reading your blog since max was born, and i've been rooting for him this whole time. you and your family with be in my thoughts on thursday.

Anonymous said...

Just met Max today thru this blog. What a beautiful gift you have. The Good Lord will take care of business tomorrow. HE has always been in control. I will say a special prayer for you Beth and a special prayer for Max, and a special prayer for you Dad. GOD IS SO AWESOME!!!!