September 16, 2008

Small update!

Max has moved to his own private room in the RCNIC. We now have cable television and our own bathroom. They wanted us to stay overnight to be sure that we could troubleshoot and connect and disconnect Max from the cycler. We did this on Sunday night. It went great... no alarms or anything exciting. I only got about 2 hours of sleep, but Max slept like a rock and got about 12. He seems to like the peace and quiet.

Max also got his 4 month immunizations last night. Boy he was not a happy camper. I told Tim that he has to go to the next round, because it is heartbreaking. They also started to give him his epogen medicine via injection last night as well since we will have to do this at home.

Oh, I almost forgot! We were told on Sunday that there is nothing else that the doctor's have to do for Max that we can't do at home. So guess what everyone......MAX IS COMING HOME!!! Of course a hurricane has to come and put daddy to work at least 16 hours a day so we are going to wait probably until Friday so that Tim can be with us. We don't want to take that experience away from him since he has been waiting for this day as well.

Also, one of Max's renal levels is elevated so the nephrologists are playing around with some of his dialysis settings to see if they can get it lowered. This may mean that he comes home on a 20 hour cycle instead of a 16, but we will deal with that. They will slowly get him to where he has more time off of the machine. They are saying that he should still be able to head home by the end of this week as long as Tim and I are both comfortable with doing so.

Since this was sprung on us very quickly (we were told at least 2 weeks once he started on the cycler) we have a house to clean and sterilze and, I am thrilled to say, diapers to buy!!! I can't wait to go out and get the things that one needs for a baby at home. So if you can't tell, we are a little bit excited! Actually, to be honest, I am walking around on cloud nine and break down in tears every now and then. I cried last night before I went to bed thinking about how we have to say goodbye to our wonderful nurses and friends by the end of the week. One of Max's favorite night nurses had him last night and I about cried when she had to give him his shots considering it would be the last night she got to take care of him. She is back on Friday night, so I am pushing to not leave until she gets there so we can say goodbye. Okay, I'm crying again! (Tonya- we love you!)

Okay... we'll keep every posted on when the big day will be!!!!! We can't wait to show him off to everyone!

6 comments:

Rachael Schirano \\ Rachael Schirano Photography said...

now you have me crying! congratulations on such incredible news!

Anonymous said...

You crazy kids finally get to bring Max home. Congratulations and have FUN being parents in a little bit more of a "normal" setting.

Brett R

Anonymous said...

well Beth I am glad to hear he is coming home sooner then we thought.Which is a good thing cause I can't wait to meet my cousin for the first time. Well let me know when Eddie and I can come over to see him.

With all our love
Eddie,Chrissy,Noah and Nicholas

Logan said...

Counting down the days! How exciting!

Tonya F said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Tonya F said...

You are SOOOO sweet!!! Are you trying to make me cry too??? I just want to let you know that I am going to miss you all so much. I am going to be lost not getting to see my maxi all the time. Sometime during the last 4 months that little boy of yours captured my heart but you already know that. It will definitely be a bitter sweet goodbye to see you guys leave. As much as I love him, I will be so happy for all of you when you get to take your boy home where he belongs. I know that these past few days have been challenging and difficult on you but like everything else these days will pass and your boy will be home before you know it. Your so close, keep you head up.
Lots of Love, Tonya