April 25, 2009

Uncle Bruce lost his battle to cancer last night


I am very sad to be posting that my Uncle Bruce lost his battle to cancer last night. I am so devastated, but so happy that he isn't suffering anymore. I am even more excited to think that he is back in the arms of the love of his life, Donna. Donna passed away almost 7 years ago of ovarian cancer. The 10 years that they were married was the happiest 10 years of their lives. After she passed away, Bruce never let her memory fade. Any chance he had to talk about Donna, he did. It makes me smile to imagine the two of them back together again. Although we have lost a man with the biggest heart of anyone I know, it brings me peace to know that he is happy.

His services are Monday and Tuesday. Please keep our and Bruce's family in your prayers as we go through this difficult time.

We love you Bruce. Rest in Peace and give Donna hugs and kisses from all of us here.

4 comments:

Rachael Schirano \\ Rachael Schirano Photography said...

i am so sorry for your loss, prayers for your + bruce's family.

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry for your loss. May he rest in peace.
Katie Ruschman

Anonymous said...

I didn't realize who your Uncle Bruce was until I saw the picture, and am so glad that I did.

What a great guy! Tremendous Highlands Bluebirds, Ken Shields, and University of Kentucky fan.

Bruce lived at Lakeside and didn't drive so I often saw him out and about. He always had time to stop and chat. He always showed genuine interest in how our team (Brossart) was doing, and always offered his opinion on the happenings at U.K..

He will be missed.

Dave Schabell/BBHS

Liz Werrmann - Citizens Bank said...

Bruce was always such a delight to see when he stopped in the bank. He will be greatly missed.