March 31, 2010

Still Waiting

I got a call early last week from the transplant coordinator letting me know that she was working on getting the transplant date set for July. She said that she was hoping to have something by the end of last week-- we are still waiting to hear from anybody.

I am trying to be patient, I really am. It's starting to get very frustrating though. We have a lot of things to get set into place before the surgery and not having a date is putting those things on hold. Tim needs to get his FMLA paperwork sent in and they won't process anything without the surgery date. So frustrating.

We are anxiously waiting for my second ultrasound that will be on April 26. I have been having a hard time falling asleep since I got the news. It's so hard not knowing what your body is doing-- whether the cyst is dissolving or getting bigger. I get a quick sharp pain in my lower left belly about every day. That scares me. I am hoping it means that this thing is going away and not growing. I still don't have any signs of having the cyst so that is encouraging, but it's still scary not knowing.

On a happier note, Max said "bye bye" today. It was as clear as day, but he only said it once and that was to the house. We say "bye" to everything when we leave. Bye toys, bye doggies, bye house. It was so cute, but the stinker won't say it again.

Now for the biggest news of all-- Max walked yesterday. All by himself! Okay so he used his walker, but he still walked!!! Not sideways or backwards either. Mr. Dan was so excited and I was on the verge of tears watching his little feet move forward. I was in shock and didn't grab my video camera, but I will get it tomorrow for sure.

Oh and our house is going up for sale tomorrow! We are busy busy around here trying to get things ready. We are packing things up to put in our storage unit, but also packing what we will need over the course of a year to take to my parents house. It's hard to determine what will be needed and what won't be needed. We're figuring it out though. We are so excited and ready for this process to get started.

So despite waiting for a transplant date, an ovarian cyst, putting the house on the market and moving-- life is good!

No comments: