March 3, 2010

Were back from Max's tests

We had Max's urology tests today that will give us some answers as far as how Max's bladder is doing. He had a urodynamics, an ultrasound and a VCUG. Needless to say it has been a very long day.

He was not happy when they tried (and failed) to catheterize him during the urodynamics test. That was awful! He screamed (and I mean screamed like we were pulling his teeth) for 50 minutes before he wore himself out and feel asleep during the ultrasound. He slept through the first half of his VCUG and did great during the second half. The only news that I have is that he still has Grade 5 reflux into his right kidney and that his bladder holds about 50mL of fluid before he urinates. I know that the Grade 5 reflux is bad, but I wasn't expecting that to change. I have no idea what capacity a two year old's bladder is suppose to be, so I don't know if the 50mL is good or bad. It seems very low to me, but I have no idea.

On the bright side, we got to see some of Max's old buddies while we walked around the hospital for an hour in between appointments. They couldn't believe how big he has gotten. It was very nice to see some familiar faces.

We will have final results when we see his urologist on March 15th. Thank you everyone for the prayers. He did very well considering what we put him through today. I will keep you all posted as soon as I get some results.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That is now behind him!

Hopefully, the results will come back favorably.

DS/BBHS