February 17, 2009

Max is having surgery on Thursday

A dye study done yesterday determined that Max's dialysis catheter needs to be replaced. There is a piece of fibrin floating around on the outside of the catheter that won't dissolve with the heparin and TPA that has been tried. So, surgery #10 is sooner than we had hoped. So, Thursday morning at 10:30am Max will be back in surgery. I haven't heard any news yet, but it looks like it will be an outpatient procedure. They will keep him to observe and discharge him that evening. This is how they did it the last time, so I assume it will be the same. I will let you all know as soon as I get more details.

Again, keep him in your prayers that it's as simple as it should be and that he does well and recovers quickly.

Thanks everyone.

I cannot wait until his transplant :o(