February 9, 2009

No News is Good News

Sorry it has been awhile since I have posted anything. Just wanted to let everyone know that all is well here on our end.

Max continues to do great and will finally be starting his therapies tomorrow. We are looking forward to having him progress with his motor and oral skills. The hope is to have him eating by mouth and to get him sitting up and mobile.

He is (WOO HOO) finally on the charts for his head circumference. He is almost on there for height. His nutritionist thinks the next time she measures him (end of February) he will be in the 3-10 percentile. He just doesn't seem that small to me, but that's what the charts say.

We have a tentative surgery date of March 31st, but I may have already told you all that. We are waiting to hit the maximum dose of Ditropan before we have his second test to see how the bladder cycling as been going. The medication is made to stop his bladder from having spasms which would make him urinate. This way his bladder fills up with urine to (hopefully) stretch it how we want it. He still urinates, just not as much compared to when he wasn't on the medicine. Fingers are still crossed that this will work.

Sorry, it's a boring post. No offense, but that's how we like it. Have a great rest of the week and I will talk with all of you soon.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

No news IS good news!

Glad to hear about the Max benefit at the end of March. I think that this will be an overwhelming success!

Looking forward to being a part of it.

DS/BBHS

Anonymous said...

Beth, Tim and little Max,
I am a friend of Lori's and just got the info today on the upcoming fundraiser as well as the website address. I have spent the day off and on reading through your journey and kissing my own two children at least 100 times. I am speechless at the courage and strength you all have demonstrated. You are truely inspirational with your optimistic can do attitudes. Max, what a little trooper you are...always with a smile!! You are in my thoughts and prayers always. I truely feel blessed to know your story. May God bless you all.