March 31, 2009

Max Update

Sorry for the long wait for an update on Max. It was been a very looooooong 8 days since Max was admitted last Monday. I don't know how we did this for 6 months straight. I am going insane!!!

Unfortunately, I had to start getting a little nasty with some people to get things moving around here yesterday. There were orders put in on Friday to start weaning Max from his oxygen and no one ever did it. So I took it upon myself to do it at dialysis yesterday and I was successful. He is still pretty junky and has a yucky cough that makes him desat a little, but he is able to bring himself back up without the oxygen. There was also talk about starting him on an oral antibiotic on Saturday but the orders were never put in. I could go on and on. So when we got to dialysis I let loose with Dr. Ben about what was not happening that should have been happening. Being the great doctor that he is he got on the phone and amazingly things started happening. Max will be starting his oral antibiotic today!

Everyone was on board last night to discharge Max today. Urology came in this morning and said we're good to go, a surgery resident came in and said we're good to go. The brakes were put on when the surgery nurse practitioner came in and said not until tomorrow morning. I voiced my opinion and simply said that we were going to be coming back in tomorrow morning for dialysis so they would check him out then. So I won. I hope we made the right decision. I just feel that we will ALL feel better if we go home and get a good night sleep. We are running on 8 days of not so good sleep and I can't take it too much longer.

Please pray that everything goes well when we get home. Pray that the oral antibiotics and the IV antibiotics that he will receive through dialysis will kick the "pneumonia" in the butt.

3 comments:

Rachael Schirano \\ Rachael Schirano Photography said...

i hope that everything went well, prayers!

Anonymous said...

We will keep praying everything goes as planned. Let us know if you need anything!
Katie Ruschman

Jodi said...

Good for you for kicking butt!

{{prayers for healing}}