March 24, 2009

Surgery was successful

Okay, this is going to be very brief because I am so stinkin tired I can't see straight, but I promised an update on Tuesday night, so here it is...

After 5.5 hours of waiting we finally got word that everything went well. Max was able to be extubated before he left the OR. He is in the ICU for the monitoring. He has a chest tube and IS NOT happy about it. He has been VERY fussy and uncomfortable but we were finally able to get him comfortable enough to fall into a deep sleep. After a very hard decision making process, both Tim and I decided to come home to try and get a good nights sleep. We figured since he is one on one with his nurse that tonight may be our only chance to sleep at home.

I will update with a lot more details about the surgeries and the plan tomorrow after I've had me some good ole sleep :o)

Goodnight, sleep tight!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

yay!!! i am sooo glad everything went well... :) keeping my prayers coming!

Anonymous said...

Yeah! So glad to hear the great news! Thanks for the update Beth. Hope you slept well.

Rachael Schirano \\ Rachael Schirano Photography said...

good news! i hope you were able to get some wonderful sleep last night.

Jodi said...

So glad the surgery went well. Hope you got some good rest!