May 31, 2009

So far so good

I am probably going to regret writing this post, but I told you all that I would have an update in a few hours. Although most of you are probably out enjoying this gorgeous Sunday afternoon and not sitting waiting for me to update. But for those of you out there that are, Max's PD run is going great so far. We are about 4 hours into it and so far he is has a postive UF of 49mL. We have not had any alarms at this point and we're keeping our fingers crossed that we don't. If everything goes well tonight, it sounds like we will be dicharged sometime tomorrow evening after his hemo run. Of course, we have to have his oxygen, monitor and everything else lined up before we go, so we'll see how it all goes tomorrow. Either way, I am taking my son home tomorrow :o)

On top of the hospital stuff we have to get taken care of, we still have nothing ready at home to do his PD. We have to drag the machine out from where we threw a bunch of crap on it from the last time, make sure we have all of the supplies, get the supplies from me parents house. I obviously wasn't prepared because I didn't actually think this was going to work, but for once, it did. I guess I am paying for it now. Oh well, at least we have bought ourselves some time (fingers crossed).

Also wanted to let you know that an extra was done last night and Max's PD catheter is in the right spot and looking good but his hemo catheter is not. It is deep in the vein and starting to come out, so the surgeon (Dr. Tiao) said that we HAVE to make PD work because that catheter has to come out soon. Nothing like adding some extra pressure to what we already have.

Anyway, Max's 12 hours of PD will be up at 2:00am so please pray tonight that everything continues to go well and that we have nothing get in our way of running out the door tomorrow evening.

Enjoy the rest of your weekend!

5 comments:

Logan said...

Still praying...

Max will do it, he will be home tomorrow!!!! Hang in there little man!

Anonymous said...

Go Max go! We know you can do it! We will be praying for you everytime we wake up tonight.

tammie said...

Beth and Tim, Max is a very strong little man. Our thoughts and prayers are with you all every day. He will be home soon and we will be waiting.

Tammie,Brady,and Bill

Rachael Schirano \\ Rachael Schirano Photography said...

just wanted you to know that max + you are in my thoughts + prayers...

jessicalflores1@aol.com said...

YAY! I'm so glad that PD is working well for Max right now. I am continuing to say prayers that it continues working well.